CMM-5235 - M5235BCC
M5235BCC KIT: Restoring dBUG
The M5235BCC KIT provides the Motorola / Freescale CF FLASHER programming utility on the support CD. CF Flasher operation may be applied to recover the dBUG monitor or to provide application installation in the M5235BCC board flash memory. See the Motorola / Freescale or Utility sections of the BCC CD to install the software. The Coldfire BDM cable (“wiggler” with 25 pin cable) provided in the kit is required to interface the software to the BCC board BDM Port.
To recover the dBUG monitor:
1) Install the CF flasher utility on to the host PC.
2) Connect the 25 pin BDM cable to the PC LPT parallel port and the BDM “wiggler”.
3) Install the “wiggler” on top of the M5235BCC board BDM port and make sure it is aligned with pin 1 of the connector. Connecting cable should go away from the board, not across it.
4) Verify the BDM_EN and DB_EN option jumpers are installed on both pins.
5) Apply power to the BCC board and launch the CF Flasher software.
6) In the CF Flasher software select Target Configuration:
Target = M5282EVB
DSCLK delay count = normally 1 is ok but increase if you have problems with target communication. May need to return to this menu and increase this setting after attempting to erase/program.
7) Select ERASE FLASH and in the next window: AMD – Erase entire Flash, then click ERASE button. BCC board flash will be erased now.
8) Select PROGRAM FLASH and in the next window select File Name. Browse the BCC CD Motorola / Freescale folder – dBUG folder – and select file name: M5282BCC_Dbug_1b.S19. Click the PROGRAM button and wait for programming to complete. The verify operation will also be performed by default.
9) If all erase and programming operations completed ok, close the CF Flasher software and power down the BCC board. If problems occurred, try increasing the DSCLK setting and attempt again.
10) Remove the ”wiggler” from the BCC board, connect the serial cable, launch terminal software on the PC, and power on the BCC board. The dBUG monitor should prompt normally now.