CME-566 - Development system for the MPC566 (MPC566EVB)
The CME-566 (MPC566EVB) provides Ethernet connectivity with the powerful features of the Motorola MPC565/566. The system is Plug and Play with the supplied Axiom and MBUG Monitors in the on-board Flash EPROM. Board features 1MByte (256K x 32) Synchronous SRAM, 2MByte (512K x 32) Burst Flash EEPROM, 10/100TX Ethernet Port, MPC566 Communication Interfaces, Keypad and LCD Module support. Development kit contains Serial Cable, Ethernet Cable, Wall Plug power source, printed hardware manual and the MPC5xx support CD with programming utilities, support and sample software, and technical manuals. The MBUG Monitor provides 10/100TX Host interface for development use. Software development tool suites that support background debug emulation (BDM) or Nexus are recommended to develop applications for the MPC566 microcontroller.
- Global Wall-Plug Power Supply (CE certified)
- Processor Mounted on Board (No socket)
- AMD AM29BDD160 type synchronous flash.
- Serial Cable, 6'
- Ethernet Cable, 6'
- MPC5xx Support CD with device manuals, example software, utility and hosting software.
- Hardware Manual
- 3rd party Demo CD's of C compilers and tool suites.
Standard fixed memory (buffered):
- 256K x 32 Sync. SRAM (100MHz)
- 512K x 32 Burst Flash EEPROM
- Power Oak (MC33394) Power supply w/ CAN_A transceiver
- 10/100TX Ethernet Port - LAN91C111 MAC+PHY based, memory mapped.
- MAP Switch - provides easy selection of memory map and devices.
- CONFIG Switch - provides basic Hard Reset Word Configuration options, all others provided by jumper.
- BDM Development Port, 10 pin standard with 2.6V I/O.
- NEXUS Development Port, 50 Pin standard.
- COM1 - SCIA1 w/ RS232 type DB9-S Connection
- COM2 - SCIA2 w/ RS232 type DB9-S Connection, DTE/DCE option
- COM3, 4 - SCIB1 and 2, w/ RS232, 10 Pin headers for IDC ribbon connect to DB9 serial.
- CAN Ports - 3 CAN ports, 1 x 4 headers. CAN_B and C = PCA82C250 interface.
- LCD Port - LCD Module Interface Connector w/ Contrast Adjust, Buffered and Memory Mapped
- KEYPAD Port - 16 Key interface, applies QADC_B PQA4-7 and PQB4-7.
- BUS Port - provides 32 data and 24 address or MPC565 ports A and D on 60 pin header.
- CONTROL Port - Bus Controls for MPC565 ports on a 40 pin header.
- QSM Ports - 2 Serial I/O ports with 16 pin socket headers.
- MIOS Port - MDA, PWM, and MGP timer or I/O interface with 34 pin socket header.
- TPU Ports - 3 Timing Processor I/O ports with 20 pin socket headers.
- QADC Ports - 2 Analog I/O ports, one 20 pin and one 24 pin socket header.
- IRQ Port - Interrupt or MPC565 SGP port I/O with 10 pin header.
- POWER Port - Primary and standby power supply access port, Power Oak options.
- Breadboard Prototyping area (2.5 x 1.5 inch) for easy installation of test connections.
- Power Indicators - Supply voltage indications for 5, 3.3, and 2.6V supplies
- Reset Switches - POR, Hard, Soft reset buttons.
- User Components - 4 indicators, 4 push switches, and a Potentiometer.
- CE certified class A as shipped with universal power supply.
- I/O Connectors in .1 grid Socket headers provide easy wire connection to breadboard prototype area or with pin headers installed, will allow ribbon cable or wire wrap connections.
- Mictor Logic Probe connector locations (connectors not provided) for Bus and Control signals.
- Large Prototyping Area (4 x 1.75 inch) with +5V and ground connection grids.
- 3 to 25VDC Input, 300ma typical @ 9VDC.
- 5.0V @ 1A output with 3.3V, and 2.6V regulated supplies.
- Board Size - 7 x 7.6 inch.